Registration for the first race of the Alive For 5 Series opened recently and the field for the Fifth Annual IceBreaker 100 at Dells Raceway Park already looked impressive one day in.
“So far 23 drivers have entered the upcoming event on the first day of registration & it’s a regular who’s who of short track racing,” said Jerry Auby, Dells Raceway Park Promoter in a written report.
Hubertus, WI racer John DeAngelis Jr. was first to register and as a result the ARCA Midwest Series regular will draw the final Qualifying spot on the race weekend, said Auby adding the field already includes Four ARCA Midwest Tour Champions. Racers that joined DeAngelis Jr. on the first day include:
- Dalton Zehr — 2018 ARCA Midwest Tour Champion and winner of the 2018 Dick Trickle 99 race from the Alive For 5 Series and WCS defending champion.
- Andrew Morrissey — Former ARCA Midwest Tour Champion and 2016 Winner of the same IceBreaker 100 race.
- Dan Frederickson and Jonathan Eilen – A pair of Minnesota-based racers who have both won the Dairyland 100 at DRP last year.
- Gabe Sommers – A 14-year-old from Plover, Sommers is fresh from a second-place showing at the World Series of Asphalt Car Racing at New Smyrna Speedway, Fla over the Feb. Speedweks behind only Bubba Pollard from Georgia.
- Mark Eswein – A 10-time and defending champion at Golden Sands Speedway.
- Ryan Farrell – 2018 WCS Series Champion
- Dennis Prunty – The defending Alive For 5 Series champion and past Slinger Nationals Champion
- Austin Nason – Winner of the 2018 Joe Shear Classic at Madison International Speedway.
- Casey Johnson – 2018 TUNDRA Series Champion and track champion at Wisconsin International Speedway
- Fan Favorite and Hard Chargers – MG Gaweski; Jeff Storm; Michael Bilderback; John Beale; Jim Olsen; Nick Murgic; Tim Lampman; Robbie Iverson; Brandon Hill; Jordon DeVoy; Grant Griesbach and Jake Zellmer.
And that’s just the first day. Check this space for more updates and make plans to be at Dells Raceway Park on April 5 for an exciting event.