By Jim den Hollander
Get Ready Wisconsin – Here come the Super Lates!
The Ice Breaker 100 on Sunday (April 7) will kick off not only the Alive For 5 2019 Series, but Super Late Model racing in general in Wisconsin.
The 30-car field (which could grow) scheduled to take the green flag at 2 p.m. will include racers from across Wisconsin and others from Illinois, Minnesota and Michigan looking for a shot at $3,000 going to the race winner.
The Unified Motorsports Association of Wisconsin Late Models will be racing in support along with the INEX Legends.
The track will be open for hot laps starting at 11 a.m. and qualifying is scheduled for 12:30 p.m.
This will be the first of five summer events for the series that moves on to Madison International Speedway for the Capital 100 before returning for three more at DRP with the Falloween 150 as the fifth and final event.
Other Wisconsin events
As of press time, it appears the Dells will be site of the state’s only race on the weekend, but there will be some other activity
- Rice Lake Speedway is scheduled to run a Car Show at Cedar Mall in Rice Lake, beginning today (Friday, April 5).
- Beaver Dam Speedway and Cedar Lake Speedway (New Richmond) have both scheduled practice sessions on both Saturday and Sunday. For Cedar Lake, the practice is primarily in preparation for ‘The Legendary’ it’s season opener scheduled for next weekend.
- On Sunday, but out of state is a 200-Lap Enduro scheduled for Rockford Speedway.
- Badger Kart Club-Wolf Paving Raceway will be hosting its track set up on Sunday in preparation for its first non-points races the following weekend.
- Slinger Speedway will hold an open day on Sunday with free admission to anyone who wants to check it out.
- Also, out of state, but barely, the Blackhawk Farms Road Course in South Beloit, IL will host a different type of racing with the Spring Super Crit (Bike Race). The following weekend will see the SCCA holding a combination Driver’s School and Double Division Race event.
The weather is supposed to be great this weekend so if you are eager to get back to the track, one of these options listed above should be close to you.